The Julian Teaching School Hub is based at Notre Dame High School, part of St John the Baptist Catholic Multi Academy Trust.
Uniting schools to serve every child, by applying best bets for improving outcomes.
Behaviours and values
We will recruit, train and retain the best educators by providing them with high-quality evidence-informed CPD, developing them whatever their career pathway. Working with schools of all sizes and types, we will bring the evidence of what works in classrooms and schools to life through exemplification. We will invite all schools to share in our work, not just those with the capacity to engage readily. We will form partnerships both regionally and nationally to deliver the very best in education for every child in our region.
Relentless focus on professional development
Everything we do is driven by a desire to improve pupil outcomes, especially for the vulnerable. CPD is a key lever to achieving this and yet is complex. We will always prioritise asking ‘and so what?’
Learning and growth for all
Everyone involved in our work will learn and grow professionally — participants, facilitators, mentors, coaches and leaders. The work of the Hub will realise a variety of career paths within all our schools, including teacher education.
Partnerships between learning organisations
We aim to provide locally-led CPD for all schools. We reach out to those who share our vision and values, believing that capacity,
knowledge and experience required to effectively serve our region can only come from schools working together.
Fidelity with intelligent adaption
We look beyond headlines, ensuring we show fidelity to evidence of what works, whilst contributing to its evolution. We prioritise local exemplification such that all educators understand the ‘how’ along with ‘why and ‘what’.
- Understand pupil and therefore CPD needs, and stimulate the system to respond to this, ensuring that whatever educators are offered is robustly designed and delivered
- Make initial teacher training routes clear and available, working with ITT providers and schools to collectively recruit the best and then provide an excellent start to a career in teaching
- Realise the potential of the Early Career Framework for training and retaining early career teachers, whilst professionalising mentoring in schools
- As an Appropriate Body, ensure that all early career teachers receive their statutory entitlement and are fairly assessed
- Offer the reformed National Professional Qualifications, ensuring that the evidence in the related frameworks is understood, applied and sustained by school leaders in context.